Oakhurst Medical Centers
Oakhurst Medical Centers, Inc. is a regional 501(c)(3) Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) designated provider of affordable, accessible, high-quality primary care services in north-central Georgia to residents of the low-income community, with a special focus on those that are medically indigent or uninsured/underinsured. The minority-controlled Sponsor has seven locations in DeKalb, Fulton, and Rockdale counties, and plans to increase access through two new facilities both in medically underserved communities. The first location in Decatur, GA will provide a full range of primary and specialty care including Family Medicine, Adolescent Health, Women’s Health, Family Planning, Foot/Podiatry, Behavioral Health, Vision and Dental. The second location in Stone Mountain, GA will relocate administrative offices and conference rooms to make way for more clinic space and a health and wellness community education space.
- Total Project Cost: $12 million
- MuniStrategies Allocation: $5.5 million (additional $6 million from another CDE)
- Economic: In addition to providing over $35 million annually in high quality healthcare to LIC populations, Oakhurst empowers working families by delivering health care that minimizes downtime. It also reduces strain on uncompensated care at emergency rooms and other more expensive public health options.
- Jobs: Oakhurst Medical Centers will create 8 new full time jobs and maintain 14 FTEs as a result of this investment. The average salary will be $37.86/hour, approximately 284% above the single person living wage of the county of $13.31/hour. It will also create 48 construction jobs.
- Community: Servicing 27,000 patients annually, Oakhurst has collaborative agreements with several local agencies such as Catholic Charities, the World Relief and International Rescue Committee, and hospitals including Emory Decatur Hospital and Grady Hospital.
- Workforce Development: Oakhurst has committed to spend at least $210,000 over the compliance period on training and workforce development. The project also provides an extensive training program for its employees.