Mannington Mills, Inc. is a fifth-generation family-owned company that specializes in the manufacturing of residential and commercial luxury sheet vinyl, carpet, and laminate and hardwood flooring. This project is to build and purchase equipment for a new 125,000 sq. ft facility, as well as renovated 67,000 sq ft. building that will be combined for the new production facility related to manufacturing its “Rigid Core” flooring product which is currently made in China. Rigid Core is a luxury vinyl snap-in flooring product that has high market demand because it is 100% water-proof and indent resistant, has an easy to install snap-in plank design, and has the ability to cover subfloor irregularities. In line with its high standards for environmental sustainability, its defective flooring panels at the Rigid Core facility will be 100% recyclable and reused within its production, minimizing operational waste.
- Total Project Cost: $35.75 million
- MuniStrategies Allocation: $10 million
- Economic: Project spend exceeded $35 million. There are also substantial indirect economic effects in the trucking/transportation of finished goods to market.
- Jobs: Mannington Mills’ Calhoun facility will create 240 new full time jobs, 95% of which will be LIP/LIC accessible, and will provide all new hires with an extensive on-the-job training program. The average wage will be $22.13/hour which will be well above the 130% MuniStrategies goal when compared to the living wage in Gordon County of $10.48 per hour. Further, the extensive benefits offered to all employees include medical, dental and vision insurance, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, 401K with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- Community: Mannington has a homeless shelter initiative, which helps to reintroduce displaced individuals back into the workplace. It currently has hired three individuals this year through this program. It is also involved in a “Choices for Good” program for public K-12 schools across the country which allows schools to pay less than the suggested price for flooring based on their financial ability.
- Workforce Development: Mannington Mills has an extensive on-the-job training program as well as cross-training that will create an environment in which employees can further their internal growth opportunities. Further, the company has a partnership with the local Calhoun high school and provides internships to students, who could then potentially become full time employees.
In the News
Flooring Manufacturer Announces $22 Million Expansion in Georgia
Flooring manufacturer expands in northwest Georgia
Mannington building $22M flooring plant in Georgia